Breaching for points

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Bestle, May 18, 2017.

By Bestle on May 18, 2017 at 11:12 PM
  1. Bestle

Bestle Administrator
    Staff Member

owner
    IGN:
    Bestle
    While breaching other Factions to steal their hard-earned leaderboard points is a great mechanic, it does leave a couple of avenues open to abuse. We want everyone to play fairly but also understand that some of the more competitive Factions will try and do whatever it takes to be #1.

A couple of issues were recently brought to my attention so I wanted to clarify a few things before anyone knowingly (or unknowingly) breaks the rules.

You must not "transfer" points from one Faction to another. All breaches must be legitimate, with no collusion between the raided Faction and the one doing the cannoning.

You must not game the system to farm points with the intention of selling / transferring / gifting the points to another Faction.

The administrators will investigate all reports of suspect breaches and will issue point reversals as well as further deductions for anyone caught doing it.

There are plenty of points sitting in Casuals & Ghosts cores, so just raid them instead of being dodgy :D

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Rubbish x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Bestle, May 18, 2017.

1. TheBellyBongos
      TheBellyBongos
      Do you mean like raiding alt factions?
    2. rhyno
      rhyno
      How about you actually enforce your rules and play a bigger part in the server. We seen this with NK and Blanc earlier in the map but nothing happens, however when it comes to us you feel like you need to do something about it.
    3. Sambuca
      Sambuca
      Preach
    4. SCOTTIRVINE
      SCOTTIRVINE
      dumb ass motherfucker bestle. Those points came from raiding the faction SSD, and accidently not unclaiming the cannon, and reclaiming it. Those points did not come from any fupgrade boosting, or any BS like that.
    5. imaBASKET
      imaBASKET
      I don't understand.

You took away points from us because we accidentally had the cannon claimed with our main alt faction? The one we use at every single one of our raids?

This is one of the most bullshit things I've ever seen, and this isn't any bias talking at all. If I saw this shit happen to anyone I would say it would be bullshit as well.
    6. Reagnarr
      Reagnarr
      whoa whoa whoa, dont get salty all our points got taken away from the farside raids which were done legit. We lost more points than you so chill my dude
    7. Grump
      Grump
      hes mad
    8. rhyno
      rhyno
      NK raided dankmemes after specifically being told not to. As well as this I don't see how you guys could be so stupid as to raid someone with your alt faction, clearly something fishy was going on.
    9. rhyno
      rhyno
      Thanks
    10. Xell
      Xell
      unlucky !!
    11. Grade251
      Grade251
      That is your fuckup, that should mean that they stay where they are and not get transfered
    12. GaleenPanda
      GaleenPanda
      transfer dankmemes points back ;) as they got raided by their own fac
    13. Bestle
      Bestle
      Precedent currently dictates that cannoning your alt Faction to get legitimately earned points is OK. It has happened in the past and was allowed. This is obviously kind of confusing and slightly contradictory, but it is not something that we can start enforcing at this point in the Season.

Next Season this will also be completely forbidden to avoid any arguments as to whether it was a true alt Faction or whatever (currently it is the admins decision that matters).

My issue with the Casuals/NK -> DankMemes situation was that the points were transferred through file edits giving nobody else the fair opportunity to jack the points from DankMemes. Anyone else in the same situation would have had to breach their alt Faction to get the points and this is why it was reversed. They were immediately notified that the reversal had happened, putting them right back into the position shortly after they hit SSD's core with DankMemes.

I'm not sure I deserve to be called a "dumb ass motherfucker" but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    14. GodofConquest
      GodofConquest
      u arent dumb u made all these kids buy diabolical u rich_af now
    15. rhyno
      rhyno
      I didn't call you a dumb ass motherfucker.

I don't see why Barney feels that he has the power to transfer points from an alt faction to his own faction without even mentioning it to the owners.

Not to mention the fact that NK got to keep BlanC's points however the points we got from breaching farside was deducted?
    16. GaleenPanda
      GaleenPanda

legitimately earned points is OK

we have 18k points on a alt fac that we legitimately got, u get points from raiding, u get points from uppgrading, both is allowed so i dont see why barney cryed 2 our member that it was unallowed? after all we got them legitimately. so we should have no problem transfering the points like nk right

17. GaleenPanda
      GaleenPanda

legitimately earned points is OK

we got our 18k points on our alt fac legit, i dont see any rules not allowing alt facs 2 be allowed 2 have uppgrades
    18. Tandy
    19. Lukemaster101
      Lukemaster101
      We are allowed to do this as @Bestle has given us permission.