POLL: Disable upshooters?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Bestle, Dec 27, 2016.

By Bestle on Dec 27, 2016 at 6:48 PM
  1. Bestle

Bestle Administrator
    Staff Member

owner
    IGN:
    Bestle
    Faction:
    Impact
    While nobody expressed concern after the Season 2 announcement was made, some Factions believe that enabling these cannons is a bad idea.

As I value the opinion of the players, I thought it was best to run a poll before cannoning is enabled.

I realise some of you have spent a lot of time designing bases designed to defend against this type of cannon, but I would appreciate honest votes that think of the bigger picture.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
?

Should upshooters be enabled?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. No

51 vote(s)
    70.8%

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Bestle, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Pie692
    2. Motulde
    3. OlafsSnowyBalls
      OlafsSnowyBalls
      HEEVES got fresh with me so i knocked him out at minecon 2013
    4. IpulledOut
      IpulledOut
      Key Points to realize:

*Huge factions are going to be punished for the time they wasted mining out their buffer because they read rules at the start of the map.

* It is not hard to add layers to protect yourself.

* Instead of wasting the time of those who actually read the rules, those who didn't should be punished. 1 Faction complained not the entire server.
    5. Sekrio
      Sekrio
      either way big factions get rewarded the most out of little factions, just take a look at /f upgrade and other stuff ect.
    6. Sekrio
      Sekrio
      also "wasting time" you guys are digging out a whole buffer just for "upshot" is a waste of time anyways. you dont dig them out just for that one reason.
    7. Kachow
      Kachow
      I vote maybe
    8. imaBASKET
      imaBASKET
      I think it would be great to remove reversing.

Reversing almost doubles the amount of basework you have to do and so does leftshooting/midairs. That is basically 4x as much than from when they were both disabled. I think its great to have one or the other but not both or even none at the same time.

Neither = too little basework
      Both = too much
      One = Just right

I think what should also change in the future or even next map should be the elimination of lava/water buckets in favor of the gen bucket and limit their availability from there.

7.5k for 1000 pillars of lava personally seems a bit much, maybe if the price was raised or the uses lowered to better balance out what you are getting because it seems sort of OP/unbalanced.
    9. lethal_shrekin
      lethal_shrekin
      this would have been nice to know before the map started and before people dug out there entire buffer...
    10. Bestle
      Bestle
      It was announced with Season 2 that all restrictions on sand redirection were going to be disabled and the ingame announcements since day 1 have explicitly stated that left-shooting and upshooting are now enabled.

Why has this issue only been brought to light just now?

Certainly for next map we will have left-shooting but no upshooting, but I don't think we can reasonably change this mechanic now without upsetting a lot of people.
    11. Theitcrowd1
      Theitcrowd1
      Well cya to syria Rip vaelox lol
    12. Bestle
      Bestle
      How is that relevant to my comment at all?
    13. Theitcrowd1
      Theitcrowd1
      well pretty much the server is dead then wow you wonder why people dont play your server alot its cuz they dont have the time to do all this dumb shit lol. the poll speaks for it self but what ever Gl with everything
    14. lethal_shrekin
      lethal_shrekin
      so your saying the server will die out if you guys quit?
    15. Theitcrowd1
      Theitcrowd1
      Who else is there LOL you allied hol or truced so idk what to tell you
    16. Bestle
      Bestle
      Why are you quitting?
    17. Theitcrowd1
      Theitcrowd1
      WE would rather quit then do that much more basework just not worth it for us to waste our break doing that
    18. Bestle
      Bestle
      Perhaps what I am trying to understand is why you would decide now to quit rather than not playing at all. It was clearly announced both ingame and on the forums that upshooting and left-shooting would be enabled.

Were you not aware of the basework involved? Did I not communicate the changes clearly enough?
    19. lethal_shrekin