Vaelox Map Reset Announcement (Season 2)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Bestle, Dec 6, 2016.

By Bestle on Dec 6, 2016 at 3:21 AM
  1. Bestle

Bestle Administrator
    Staff Member

owner
    IGN:
    Bestle
    Faction:
    Vaelox
    I am happy to finally be able to bring you some much anticipated news about the next map and the launch of Season 2.

As with our Season 1 announcement, detailed information about Season 2 and its features can be seen on our PDF announcement linked below; we highly suggest you give it a read!

For those not interested in reading and looking at pretty pictures, a tl;dr can be found below:
    • Real cash prizes, coupons and gift cards to the top 10 Factions at the end of the season
    • The top ranked PvP'ers at the end of the season will also receive Amazon gift cards and Vaelox store coupons
    • Removed cannoning restrictions on sand redirection
    • Increased maximum chunk buffer to 25
    • Block stacker
    • Genning buckets
    • Faction upgrades
    • Faction regions
    • New spawn & PvP arena
    • Improved F Top information & leaderboard point distributions
    • 2v2's, 3v3's and wager matches
    • New duel arenas
    • Last Man Standing
    • Incursion crate (with creeper eggs as a grand prize!)
    • Arena boss fights
    • Ingame lotteries
    • + Tons of miscellaneous other changes

The reset is scheduled to take place next Saturday 17th December 2016 at 8pm UTC. This time should be ideal for players in most regions.

Please note that all Faction data will be reset. Faction names can be reserved on this thread.

Everything from Season 1 will be reset except for:
    • Purchased ranks and emotes
    • Any home boost or extra backpack rows
    • mcMMO stats
    Please ask any questions or discuss any concerns in this thread.

• Like Like x 15
    • Creative Creative x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Bestle, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Dodos
      Dodos
      hope this will be a good map!
    2. lethal_shrekin
      lethal_shrekin
      seems like its going to fun
    3. Baserocks
      Baserocks
      LMFAO GENNING BUCKETS? WHAT IS THIS.. RIP TO PLAYER BASE AFTER THE FIRST DAY LMAO. EVERYTHING IS GOOD BUT THAT. AND I WAS EXCITED...
    4. Themba
      Themba
      Base whats wrong?
    5. TheBellyBongos
      TheBellyBongos
      So will there be any changes to the ranked kits?
    6. Algid_Giant
      Algid_Giant
      Is there any way you could lift all East/West patches. I have been working with corner cannons for quite some times on my own private server. I noticed when shooting diagnol on here your sand/tnt split and go separate ways. This isnt the case in all directions, and differs depending on alignment.

On my paperclip test server without an east/west restriction, the sand/tnt never ever EVER split.

I dont know if your only ajusting the movement of sand and not TNT. . but whatever it is your changing, make sure its on all sand, and tnt. If that is the case, please remove. Corner cannons are only impossible due the inconsistencies from east/west patches. They are not impossible, they just need aimed and built in the appropriate spot. .

I tested all 4 diagonal ways on my test, and only found 1 direction to be different. On here, lol . . just watch the sand/tnt split when you give her power.
    7. lethal_shrekin
      lethal_shrekin
      im guessing bans dont reset??
    8. Algid_Giant
      Algid_Giant
      *Next question. . . will autos be allowed? Can we nuke walls from y255 to Bedrock?
    9. Barney
      Barney
      Auto patches won't be lifted.
    10. TheBellyBongos
      TheBellyBongos
      Will the incursion key be more pricy?
    11. I_LoveCookies
      I_LoveCookies
      "In Season 2 it will be easier than ever to build walls that even Donald Trump himself would be proud of" ;)

I just don't like the Genning Buckets feature, we're making it too easy. It's not that hard to generate a cobblestone wall in the old fashioned way. And I think knowledge is power, I see this type of things as technologies. Factions that know more technologies also have advantage. Unless Genning Buckets are reasonably expensive or hard to get, I think they should be removed.

Other than that, Season 2 is looking good!
      Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    12. lethal_shrekin
      lethal_shrekin
      no new staff for next map?
    13. SereneSteel
      SereneSteel
      If you like basework so much you can do mine !
    14. Algid_Giant
      Algid_Giant
      Ill help you place spawners
    15. I_LoveCookies
      I_LoveCookies
      I like putting effort on my base and then seeing results. Not a feature that will make me quit but from what I know about it so far, I don't like it. But then again "you can't please both Greeks and Trojans." ;)
    16. Seeeth
      Seeeth
      LOOKS GOOD!
    17. Algid_Giant
      Algid_Giant
      @Bestle can you please tell us when season two will end. This on and on until everyone goes inactive is shit lol. . .

I vote two months per season. Max three. . I just feel you will attract bigger factions with quicker resets.

Depending how long the map is determines my base size. . . If its a short map I wont need a huge base. . But if I gotta stop cannoners for yhr next 5 months. . . Lol well. . You get it
    18. Polr
      Polr
      Awesome! Love the hard work bestle. Great job.
    19. Bestle
      Bestle
      A season is ~3 months.