Block Hitting Glitch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by xChaSsE, Dec 4, 2017.

1. xChaSsE

xChaSsE New Member

With all the hype involving the reset i decided to hop on the server and test out how the pvp felt. I genuinely love the knockback btw. It's better than some Prac and HCF servers. However a bug was occurring almost regularly while i was pvping. It happened whilst 1v1ing somebody in the duel system and during a koth i randomly attended.

The best way to describe this bug is simple.. you go to swing at somebody and you get no hit registration. It's rather common (It happened on Velt and Optic for a short time). I'm not a developer so i'm not sure if it's server side or plugin side but i know it's an easy fix once you find out what's causing it.

The only thing i'm not 100% sure about is if it's actually the block hit glitch i've experienced in the past because i don't think i was block hitting prior to it happening. But it's definitely close to if not similar to that of the block hitting glitch that causes no hit reg.

I haven't played Vaelox at all and i'm not even sure if i plan to but i figured i'd run this by you guys so you can look into it and possibly have it fixed before reset.

Hope this helps!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Grump

Grump Active Member

He has an anti-reach plugin and that is what it is. Trying to get rid of it

• Like Like x 1
  3. xChaSsE

xChaSsE New Member

Think that’s whats actually causing it? If so that’s rather odd (since I clearly don’t use reach) that it would be buggy like that.

4. JakeEU

JakeEU Member

Yeah thats what causes it - it isnt the block glitch. If you are more than 2 blocks away you cant hit people which is kinda aids for me who uses reach Kappa

5. xChaSsE

xChaSsE New Member

Dirty cheater smh

6. Grump

Grump Active Member

Yes it does the same for everyone even if ur not cheating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. xChaSsE

xChaSsE New Member

Awesome. Hopefully it gets fixed ASAP!!

8. Parted

Parted Member

citizen
    IGN:
    parted3473475345
    Faction:
    Farside
    Well if it’s a case of anti reach id rather keep it than get 8 blocked

9. xChaSsE

xChaSsE New Member

There’s plenty of other ways to prevent reach. Allowing RNG hit registration in a fight is not acceptable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. M0rt

M0rt Member

Honestly I don't think it has something to do with the anti-reach. I'm pretty sure I know what glitch you're talking about, and that used to happen a lot to me too. I'd block hit and then suddenly my hits wouldn't register anymore. I had to block hit again and it would work fine.

The anti-reach glitch is just seeing particles of you hitting someone, but not actually hitting them. I believe that they're two separate glitches. But they're both really annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. xChaSsE

xChaSsE New Member

Yea, i'm not entirely sure. I'm not a developer so i wouldn't know. I just know it's happened to me on other servers and i remember seeing somewhere (maybe even Ice said it) that the glitch was rather easy to fix once they found out what was causing it.

12. ImWattsy

ImWattsy New Member

Either you've hit that person and u have to wait for the hit registration to come back as you just can't keep hitting them because that'll be pre bad as of example it would turn out to be like combo