One mechanic we want to tweak in Season 5 is the primary claim mechanic. We think the idea of having multiple targets to hit when raiding is a good one, but it isn't perhaps the most intuitive.
We are proposing to simplify the mechanic in the following ways:
All other aspects would remain the same. Primary claims can be raided to both steal points and slow down or stop the growth rate of the Faction that owns that primary claim.
- All primary claim commands for settings/unsetting primary claims are removed. Primary claims will be automatically assigned by the Factions plugin.
- If a chunk is detected as containing over 'x' dollar value, the chunk will be marked as a primary claim for 24 hours.
- If a (large) farm is detected inside a chunk, it will be marked as a primary claim for 24 hours.
- Chunks marked as primary claims can be unclaimed at any time; If another Faction (or the same Faction) claims the chunk the primary claim status will carry over.
- Primary claims can be raided by TNT that passes through the chunk, as well as if it explodes in the chunk (as it already does).
- A Faction without any primary claims would not be able to gain points through any means. Any existing points would decay over time (and possibly be pooled and then distributed as prizes to other Factions).
We hope that the above changes make it much more user-friendly while keeping the core goals the same.
What do you think?